A Day with Kenn 45

9:31 PM

Image by Takeya Yuuki

Well, Saturday class. Not very common, but I have performances next month on Saturday and Sunday.


Well, headed up to Capilano this morning. It's strange not seeing any students on the bus. Had to wait a half hour up at Phibbs for the 239. Only comes once ever 30 minutes.

Joining us in the rehearsal were the Capilano University Singers, vocal students, and the two soloists, George Roberts and I forget the soprano soloist's name.

Ran through the Requiem, Oh My Luve's Like a Red Rose, Sure on This Shining Night, Dubula, and the Jabberwocky.

Jabberwocky was fabulous fun. We had all the instruments, well almost all the instruments, going when we did a run through of the song. The guy sitting beside me was playing the toy cymbals. People playing instruments can't hold their scores, so they look on with someone beside them. I held my score up so he could see his notes. My arm is a tad bit sore now. 

Anywho, on to the picture gallery. 

Found this at our front door. It's a metapod! In a few days, we'll have a butterfree.


Lots of wooded areas up and around campus. Lots of trees, but they're not densely packed. Not sure if animals live here though. Birds and squirrels for sure, but not so much bears and deer.


I see a lot of these plants growing on campus. Not sure what kind of plant it is, but I do know that bees are constantly buzzing around them, which means that I avoid going near these as much as possible.


More trees. This is along the path to the Maple building. There's construction on a new building near there too. 


Most of my classes are here. This is the Fir building. Almost all of the music courses are held here. Certain facult offices are also on the upper floors. It's much bigger than it looks.


The library again. It's a unique building on campus because it's round, as to all the squared building. I've talked about it before, so I won't talk much about it this time.

This is a side of the library. A picture of the trees growing on the South Campus. They're the tallest trees on campus I think. The Birch, Arbutus, Film Studio and Childcare center are down in the South Campus.


This is down on the way to the Birch and Arbutus buildings. There's a park table slightly off center in the background. Would make for a lovely spot to eat lunch outside, if it weren't for the many bees.


Birch building, if you can't read it. This building houses the cafeteria, as well as my favourite place, Tim Hortons. The registrars office, Performance Art Theatre, and Bookstore are also located here.


I'm wondering if those two trees you see in the center are Arbutus trees. They're very rare, as they only grow at certain elevations and only in specific soil conditions. It'd certainly match the building name though. From what I can see, the trees around the buildings don't really match, though it would be mighty impressive if they did. Would be lovely.


The steps down to the doors at the Arbutus building are really, really wide. Feels a tad bit odd walking on them.


A tree by the Birch building. This is one of the trees in the picture earlier where I talked about the South Campus. Just gives you an idea of how tall these trees are.


Outside the library, there is this interesting checkers / chess board. I often see people playing on it. 


This is outside the Fir building. This bike isn't going to be stolen anytime soon. 


A shot of...well I'm actually not too sure what that is. It's a shot of North Vancouver, and the building in the distance are probably in Burnaby.


Back of the Birch building. Parking lot is behind, so that you don't have to park far from the PAT (Performance Arts Theatre).


Not sure what this is, but the school has pretty much a whole forest to it's side.


Trees and then mountains, for as far as the eye an see.


One of my light bulbs burned out, so I replaced it today. Was a massive pain in the ass to change, because the cover for the light was a tad bit more than impossible to remove. I've changed the bulb, but what was in the cover was quite disgusting. It's a biology class!

You Might Also Like

0 comments