Fall 2011 Anime Previews - 未来日記

6:40 PM


I'm sure everyone's been more or less waiting for this one. Maybe.



Title: 未来日記, Mirai Nikki, Future Diary
Animation Production: asread
Genre: Action, Drama, Romance, Supernatural, Tragedy
Airs: 10/09 23:00 NND (ニコニコ動画)
Website: http://www.future-diary.tv/
Series Summary from MangaUpdates:
High school 2nd year, Amano Yukiteru, is a boy who has problem making friends. He thinks of himself as a bystander and will always write down everything he sees in a cell phone diary.

Tormented by solitude, Yukiteru began to imagine things like a friend called Deus Ex Machina who is apparently the Lord of Time & Space. Seeing Yukiteru's miserable state, Deus gives him a new ability. His diary will now record events that will happen in the near future. Yukiteru is then forced to participate in a game which the winner will become Deus's successor.  
Kenn's Comment: I think I stopped following the manga well before it ended at chapter 59. I'm also not sure about the status of it in North America now that Tokyopop's been dead for a few months.

This one isn't for the faint of heart. There's copious amounts of blood, not so much on the gore side though (that I can remember). From the top image, I think it should be quite clear that Yuno (pictured above) is yandere and is easily one of the best examples of that archetype. Story-wise, with 24 episodes, I don't think it'll be too hard to fit 59 chapters in. The execution, however, is a different story. Not to mention the censorship it'll likely face.

asread has a bit more history than you think it does (unless you're familiar with the name). I guess some of their more well known titles would be Shuffle! (both seasons), Minami-ke (seasons 2, 3 and OVA), the KIDDY Grade movies, as well as KIDDY GIRL -and. That's more or less their major works, with the rest being production cooperations, and 2nd key animation and whatnots like that. I haven't watched any of the KIDDY Grade / Girl series, so I can't judge them off of that, but I liked Shuffle! as well as the seasons they did with Minami-ke (Okaeri took a bit of getting used to).

Also, Wakamoto is in this as Deus. I am pleased.

PV:

You Might Also Like

0 comments