Manga of the Week - ヤマトナデシコ七変化

6:50 PM

Image from here

Here's one I enjoy reading.



Title: ヤマトナデシコ七変化 , Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge, Perfect Girl Evolution, The Wall Flower
Author: Hayakawa Tomoko
Genre: Shoujo, Comedy, Drama, Romance, Slice of Life
Serialized in: Kodansha Betsufure, Del-Rey (NA)
Total Volume Count: 28 (ongoing)

Series Summary from Del-Rey:
It's a gorgeous, spacious mansion, and four handsome, fifteen-year-old friends are allowed to live in it for free! There's only one condition - that within three years the guys must transform the owner's wallflower niece into a lady befitting the palace in which they all live! How hard can it be?
Enter Sunako Nakahara, the agoraphobic, horror-movie-loving, pockmark-faced, frizzy-haired, fashion-illiterate recluse who tends to break into explosive nosebleeds whenever she sees anyone attractive. This project is going to take more than our four heroes ever expected: it needs a miracle!
Kenn's Comment: First: don't let the art turn you away from the series. The faces take a bit of getting used to, but it'll reward you for it. The romance is built slowly, but Sunako's an endearing character, and the guys are a riot.

First learned of this series many moons ago when I caught the anime. I liked it, but not enough to really pursue it in manga form. After losing track of where I was in the anime and completely forgetting about it, I rediscovered the series in manga and continued the saga! I'd recommend going with the manga, as I can't remember what happened in the anime, but I can't see it having a fitting end. There's also a live action drama, but the actress for Sunako is pretty, even as Sunako so I don't think it really communicates Sunako's plight as well as the anime and manga did. Would like it if Sunako spent less time in SD form though; she's really pretty after all. I guess that just makes the time she does spend in fully detailed form that much more special.

You Might Also Like

1 comments