明けましておめでとう!!

7:21 PM

Image by Neg

明けましておめでとう! Happy New Year! I think I typed that right...

There's more after the jump.



Happy New Years to my fellow North American compatriots! I know the shot glass says Sverige, which is Sweden in Swedish, but I am wholly in Vancouver. How about we start the year off with a few shots of Canadian Vodka, yea? Only if you're legal drinking age. And drive carefully DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE. I have some roots in Sweden, hence why we have Swedish shot glasses.

Anywho, to my wonderful readers living in the Eastern Hemisphere, I wish you the best in the coming year. And to those in Japan, 明けましておめでとう! Welcome to 2012, and the year of the Dragon. Not sure how Korea works, but China and other countries that follow the Lunar calendar don't switch over to the next Zodiac year until the end of January.

To those with me in the Western Hemisphere, we've still got a ways to go until I can wish you the best.

I was honestly hoping to put up some of my thoughts about some anime series that finished recently, but I haven't been able to get myself to do those. I'll finish those previews eventually...but some of them are lacking crucial information, like a synopsis, and it makes me reluctant to put a preview up for it. I've asked Zelos to do a preview for the Zero no Tsukaima F, but I'm not sure whether he'll get it done or not.

In other news, I've recently been hooked on a certain few songs.They're done by TrionaP. These lovely arrangements of the Mass (Agnus Dei and Sanctus) are set to the OST of Madoka. Sagitta Luminis, Goddess Madoka's theme, has Agnus Dei set on top of it, while Sanctus is set to Credens Justitiam, Mami's theme. The music in Madoka is gorgeous. If you haven't watched it yet, make it a New Year's Resolution! I strongly, strongly recommend it.









If I'm reading correctly, these are part of a compilation CD called Lux Aeterna, released at Comiket 81, which was...not very long ago by the Forest Fairy circle. The site for those interested is here. The vowels in Latin are, for the most part, very similar to the ones in Japanese, which means that Vocaloid will pronounce Latin fairly well.

Anywho, my New Years Resolutions are to get more blog activity up! I'd really like to be able to talk a bit more like a blog, but I'm really not very interesting. I'd also like to give the blog a bit of a facelift. It's been using this design for quite a long time now, and as nice and clean as it is, I really feel like a new design would do some good. I'd also like to make more progress with my work as both a pianist and a composer. I'm currently working on my most ambitious piece to date, a multi-movement string quartet, and I have plans for another couple things. One of those has to get done by the third week of January at the latest...so I'll certainly be busy.

Anyone else have some resolutions they'd like to share? Feel free to leave them in the comments. Most of the comments I've been getting have been spam and it'd be a nice change. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got a pizza to make.

You Might Also Like

1 comments