Spring Anime Previews 5 - 花咲くいろは

10:52 PM

Image from Danbooru

Quite possibly one of the best looking series of the season.


Title: 花咲くいろは, Hana Saku Iroha, Blooming Iroha
Genre: Comedy, Drama, Romance, Slice of Life
Animation Production: P.A. Works
Airs: 04/03 22:00 Tokyo MX

Series Summary from ANN:
Ohana Matsumae is sent to live with her grandmother, who she has never met nor spoken to, at her Taisho-era (1920s) hot springs inn. It's not a lifestyle that Ohana would have chosen, but she decidesnot to be discouraged and to make the most of her new circumstances.
Kenn's Comment: It looks great. I think this is the first time I've seen Kishida Mel's art kept in the anime. The other instance I know of would be Sora no Woto, and we all know how that one turned out.

Anywho, the project is for P.A Works' 10th anniversary, and it looks like it's going to be a very good anniversary for them. Angel Beats! may not have been spectacular (it was good, but could've been better), but this one looks wonderful. The colouring and art is gorgeous and (I mentioned this 5 lines ago) Kishida Mel's art is wonderful as always. The music in the PVs are also verra nice. I'd put this one up at the top of my 'must watch' list. Should also mention that much of SPHERE is in much of the voice cast.

 I'm going out on a limb for the genres. Basing off what I saw in the PVs. 

PV: Courtesy of Lantis

PV1



PV2


PV3


PV4


PV5

You Might Also Like

0 comments