あけましておめでとう!

12:00 AM

Image by Minusion

あけましておめでとう! 今年もよろしくお願いします。

That translates to something like 'Happy New Year! I'm counting on you for this following year". The second part is a bit funny to phrase in English as to my knowledge, there isn't really an equivalent. If anyone has a better translation, throw it at me. 
Hit More After the Jump for more New Years 'cards'.

よいお年をお迎えください。m( _ _ )m

Raunchy image from Hykka Ryouran

For those who watched the series, what did you think of it? I was going to put up Fall anime reviews and thoughts, but I haven't finished all of them yet. Plus I'm trying to finish my plastic models before the year ends. Doesn't look like it's going to happen.

Adorable Image by Yume Shokunin

For those who don't know, 2011 is the year of the Rabbit. If you've been browsing through image boards like Danbooru or sites like Pixiv and were wondering what was with all the rabbit themed pictures (especially with Tewi and Reisen), you now know. I celebrate the Lunar New Year, so the year of the rabbit doesn't really start until February 3rd, but in Japan they use the Gregorian Calendar, while keeping the old traditions of the Lunar Zodiacs. 

Anywho, よいお年をお迎えください。m( _ _ )m
In English, よいお年をお迎えください would be something like I hope you have a good year
Also, if you haven't already, make sure you check out my look back at 2010.

You Might Also Like

0 comments