Song of the Week - 砂塵の彼方へ

9:47 AM

Image from Listen.jp

Mmm. I love Kajiura Yuki music.


Title: 砂塵の彼方へ, Saijin no kanata e, Beyond the Dust
Artist: Revo & Kajiura Yuki (SOUND HORIZON)
Genre: I'm not quite sure. 
Single: Dream Port
Album: N/A
Vintage: 16/06/08

Kenn's Comment: Kajiura's compositions are always so wonderful. They always have that foreign feel to them, even to the point where many of her songs have her patented fictional language (which is likely a mixture of Latin and Japanese). Her work with Fiction Junction, Kalafina and SOUND HORIZON, not to mention the lengthy list of anime series (Madoka Magica is the latest one) makes her one of my most favourite modern composers.

That aside, if you didn't notice yet, the video should have simplified Chinese subs. I can't read them, but I'm sure there's someone out there that can. The song is fairly old. I've been listening to it for some 3 years now, and it never gets old. I lost my SOUND HORIZON collection, and this some of the only ones I have left. ;_;

That aside, the sound of the song just exudes Kajiura. The way the melody flows seems to be a trademark with her. I strongly suggest anyone interested to go check out FictionJunction and Kalafina (both groups she works with / founded). Oh and don't forget to check out SOUND HORIZON too. They're awesome to the point of megawesome.

You Might Also Like

0 comments