Song of the Week - This is the First Day of my Life

12:32 PM

Image from UULyrics

Great song from a while back (post-2000, anti-2010)


Title: This is the First Day of my Life
Artist: Bright Eyes
Genre: Indie, Folk
Single: First Day of my Life
Album: I'm wide Awake, It's Morning
Vintage: 21/03/05 ddmmyy

Kenn's Comment: The song recieved great reviews for almost everyone. Average score is 8.5/10, with the exception of two reviews that set it at 2-3. That aside, I tend to not worry so much about what other people thought about the song, and just listen to what I like. A few professional reviews doesn't speak for everybody (though it's usually a good indication of what the album might be like).

That aside, the lyrics are wonderfully tender and sweet. It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside whenever I listen to it. Or maybe that's just the hot tea I'm always drinking. 
 
Music video up there is directed by James Cameron Mitchell.

My favourite line:
But I'd rather be working for a paycheck, than waiting to win the lottery.

You Might Also Like

0 comments