A Week with Kenn 91

10:09 PM

Image by Dazai Naoyuki

That was me for more or less the last couple days. 

...No, I was not a cute girl in a seifuku with a white NDS. I do have a red DS though. A bright, clown-nose red first gen DS.

m(_ _ m) I apologize for the lack of updates. Been glued to the DS as of late, and really, I haven't been doing much at home. I did work on the first of the Fall 2010 anime reviews though, and I've finished the first series...of at least 13.  That aside, school's getting back into session as of tomorrow, so I'll be busier than I have been in the last few weeks. It'll be a nuisance, but I'll see that I get things done.




This is the reason I've been glued to the DS as of late. Golden Sun - Dark Dawn. The latest addition Camelot's acclaimed series which started almost a decade ago on the GameBoy Advance. It's been seven years since GS - The Lost Age hit the shelves on the GBA and boy have I missed this title. 

Almost 30 hours in and I'm more or less approaching the end of the game. Ah, how I've missed Golden Sun so much. I'm finding it so much easier compared to the other ones. It may be because I'm just a heck of a lot older compared to when I played the first two. 

That aside, for those who didn't know. Yes. I have a DS. I've had one for as long as I've had a PSP. 

Over the New Year's holiday (New Years Eve, New Years Day) I completed the remaining plastic models I accumulated over the year(s). Pictured is Hoi Hoi-san, which I got sometime in the October - November time range. I'm quite proud of this. Managed to make her look very seamless. 

Not pictured: Blue Frame. Fairly simple build, considering much of it is the same as the Red Frame (which I built waay back in the day). The hardest part of the gundam has to be it's weapon pack. That's got to be the hugest bloody single weapon I've ever built. I don't have pictures of it now, but it's taller than the gundam itself, and heavy enough that makes it very difficult for the gundam to stand on it's own.

 THE MAIN PART OF THE STORY! My dad bought these on Sunday. Some sort of Japanese rice cracker snack. There's waaay too much kanji on it for me to even try to understand, and what I can read, I can't understand. I do know what nori is though.


 I've taken pictures of each individual 'cracker'. I'm not sure what most of them are. The right two on the top row are you typical rice crackers that you more or less get in any rice cracker package. Rightmost on the second row is your typical cuttlefish chip-cracker snack that you can get at Asian supermarkets (or if you are in Asia, your local corner store). Middle second row is very familiar, yet I can't quiet name where it's from.

Your eyes are not decieving you. That is a fish. I was surprised to find that too. It's hard. Kind of tastes fishy, but more of a flavour I can't really describe. It's interesting to say the least. It's my dad's favourite one of the mix.


This is for those who can read Japanese better than I can. Yes, I know and I'm sorry. It's a terribad photo. You can blow it up by giving it a click. It should be...almost legible at full size. Very blurry, but still kind of legible.

You Might Also Like

2 comments