はじめまして。ケンです。

9:33 PM


Two weeks into JAPN100, and this is more or less a good indication of my progress thus far.




Should be legible, yeah? It's a self-introduction for the first paragraph, and then I describe a classmate in the second (which is why it's so much shorter). I really don't go into too much detail, which is why I'm putting it up. Plus, why would I write something super personal if I'm going to hand it in? It's in all hiragana or katakana because I don't know any kanji, and even if I did, the instructions were to write it all in hiragana.

If you notice anything about my writing, please do leave a comment. I only recently realized that I was writing ま (ma) wrong ^^; so give me a shout if you notice that I'm writing something else wrong. ~_~ My handwriting is pretty bad, and I'm aware of this, so you don't have to tell me.

Anyways, so far I've learned all the hiragana, and I'm more or less completely fluent with them. The only problem with them is that I can read them, but half the time I can't understand what I'm reading.

I'm currently working on learning all the katakana, but seeing as how I learnt hiragana in about a week, katakana should more or less be done by the end of the week. I think we might be starting kanji this week, so hopefully it doesn't get too busy.


This is the textbook(s) we're using. We use げんき, both the workbook and textbook. The pink one on the right is optional, and really is more of an English grammar book than a Japanese one. It's handy though, as it compares the grammar structure of English and Japanese. Those with keen eyes may notice a funny looking top right corner on the workbook. My info is there so I painted over it before I put the photo up. Can never be too safe about these things...

You Might Also Like

3 comments