Manga of the Week - ひよ恋

8:53 PM

Image from here

After 4 grueling hours of Dark Souls, I needed something to calm my nerves.



Title: ひよ恋, Hiyokoi
Author: Yukimura Moe
Genre: Shoujo, Comedy, Drama, Romance, Slice of Life
Serialized in: Shueisha Ribon
Total Volume Count: 5 (ongoing)

Series Summary from MangaUpdates:
Hiyori, a small and timid girl, goes to school for the first time in a year since an accident left her hospitalized. Follow her as she struggles with her social skills, tries to make friends and maybe even a little bit more...?  
Kenn's Comment: I'm not usually fond of shoujo leads that are insecure about themselves and base their transformation around their love interest, but Hiyori's so ridonculously adorable that I'll let it fly. She's not all that bad actually. She's literally dwarfed when she's next to Hirose, who looks as if he's double her height. The supporting cast is a riot, from Hiyori's first friends to the bubbly amicable homeroom teacher,  they're a fun and colourful cast.

Character growth isn't slow and stunted in this one (stunted being in the form of constant resets), which is a really good thing. Since the beginning Hiyori has become less and less shy, and, I believe, has more or less shed her habit of hiding in small spaces.

It's also gotten an OAV I believe, a one episode thing that was screened during a party for the magazine it runs in. Anywho, I've gotta catch up to my friends in Dark Souls, so I'll see you all...someday! Assuming I survive this ordeal of course.

You Might Also Like

1 comments