Weekly Manga Updates - ラブ★コン

8:20 PM

Image by Haruyama

I think I've had more shoujo series this summer than I have in the last few years...



Title: ラブ★コン, Rabu★Com, Lovely★Complex
Author: Nakahara Aya
Genre: Shoujo, Comedy, Romance
Serialized in: Shueisha Betsuma
Total Volume Count: 17

Series Summary from Viz:
Risa Koizumi is the tallest girl in class, and the last thing she wants is the humiliation of standing next to Atsushi Otani, the shortest guy. Fate and the whole school have other ideas, and the two find themselves cast as the unwilling stars of a bizarre romantic comedy duo.

Kenn's Comment: I'm actually still working on this one, so I can't say too much about how it ends. If memory serves me correct, I believe that Zelos is a fan of this one, but he'll probably help me as much as my fourth volume of Saikano will. That being, winning an award for best shoujo manga and getting an anime adaptation has to say something. From the amount I've read, I can say that the art style is great, and the dynamics between Risa and Otani are hilarious. It's been four volumes and (unlike some shoujo and most shounen) the dense object of affection has in fact recognized the protag's feelings. I'm not sure about how the anime went, but I'm pretty sure that one went fairly well. I hope. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments