(Delayed) Manga of the Week - TAKE MOON

9:22 PM

Massive Image from Danbooru

What do you get when you cross the worlds of Fate/Stay Night and Tsukihime? More win than the human body can take. Get ready for a slamorama of hilarity with your favourite TYPE-MOON characters.



Title:  TAKE MOON, テイクムーン
Author: TYPE-MOON, Takenashi Eri
Art: Takenashi Eri
Genre: Comedy, Romance, Supernatural
Serialized in: N/A
Total Volume Count: 2 (ongoing)

Series Summary from MangaUpdates:
A TYPE-MOON staff member artist Takenashi Eri has created many side stories to most of the group's projects; 'Tsukihime' & 'Kagetsu Tohya', 'MELTY BLOOD', 'Fate/stay night' -- you'll find your favorite characters in various hilarious situations that weren't covered by any of the original products.
Kenn's Comment: Ever wonder what it'd be like if your favourite TYPE-MOON characters didn't have to worry about being killed or winning the Holy Grail? Well, this has your answer: they be silly. I have to say I've enjoyed reading this, even though I'm not exactly familiar with Tsukihime. I haven't played either of the games (I tried to patch F/SN resulting in something that wasn't playable, don't have Tsukihime) so I can't really say either of them is intimately familiar. Regardless, I'm familiar with most characters and their plights. I can't say if the characters from the series (Tsukihime, MELTY BLOOD, Kagetsu Tohya, Fate/Stay Night) ever cross into each others' worlds (i.e. Saber and Arc mingling). My only complaint is that Kara no Kyoukai isn't in for the fun. My assumption is that KnK lacks the cast (kind of). Anywho, it's definitely an enjoyable read for fans of TYPE-MOON.

Should also note that TYPE-MOON is celebrating it's 10th Anniversary with Carnival Phantasm, essentially an animated version of TAKE-MOON. PV is here and here, and more info at a later date. Btw, I really like the OP theme (song plays in both PVs). Can't wait to see Ilya messing around with Shirou, inadvertently pissing of Rin. Oh and Saber and Arc. Can't forget about those two. Ughhh. My body...it won't be ready.

You Might Also Like

0 comments