A Day with Kenn 74

4:28 AM

Image by Pemyu

Crikey, it's hot. Not quite as hot as eastern Canada though. I feel for you guys. 



Not. Just kidding. I've been through heat waves here in the 604, and down in Texas, so I know how it feels to be baking in the weather.

Image by Socha

Got woken up by my cousin in the morning yesterday. We spent the night before planning today out completely. We were all supposed to wake up at around 8 or 9 am, but I ended up waking up at around 10 or 11 am. Might have pushed back the schedule a bit. Headed out to the restaurant for a preordered meal.


Road trip! Headed down to Abbotsford to hit up Castle Fun Park, a place that's kind of like Chuck E. Cheese's, or Dave & Buster's, for those of you in Houston, just crappier. 


My cousin's friend told him that it was a great place, and the site kind of made it seem pretty cool too, but once we got there, it was rather surprising. There weren't many games. We ended up playing one round of some racing game, and a game of pool. So yeah, we ended up driving an hour to another city for a game of pool. Went to Guilford Town Center in Surrey on the way back. Bought a bunch of t-shirts at Blue Note's. $2.50 tee's! I got an orange v-neck t-shirt. We originally all got matching shirts, but Cindy refused to wear it, and my older cousin was too big for the size he bought. Visited the Soul of Anime branch while I was there. Couldn't find the Di:Stage I wanted. 

Headed home for a bit. We had kayaking planned, so we went to pick up my older cousin from work and head down to Jericho beach. Things were going pretty well, unless you count Castle Fun Park being a flop, until my cousin called saying that the kayak rental place said that it was too windy to go out onto the water. Ended up running around Pacific Center and downtown for a while. Went with my cousin to Golden Age Collectibles, a comic shop downtown. He was torn between a few different things, and ended up getting nothing. Also went to Futureshop to try and look for the Rebuild of Evangelion blu-ray. Haven't been able to find it. Found the DVD at Roger's, but haven't been able to find the blu-rays. In the shot is the Vancouver Convention Center and some mountains that I can't name.

In the shot is some white car, some buildings, and North Vancouver...I think.
Image by Heebee

Left Pacific Center and headed home. We rendezvoused with my aunt and uncle at a Chinese hot pot restaurant for Crystal and Cindy's last dinner in Canada. They're headed back to the Lone Star state at around 8 am today. It was okay, but I really didn't like the fish balls. There was something hard in them. Like indigestible plant fibres. The stick rice too. I don't like the dried shrimp in it.
It's been a scorcher of a day today. Downed a slurpee downtown, and bottles of water, though not as much as I downed on Tuesday at work. Had me a fudge bar. I get the feeling it was too warm though, as the fudge bar was really soft and stuff. Not quite as cold as I had hoped it would be either.

My cousin decided to make as much use of today as he possibly could. So we went driving around Stanley Park in the middle of the night to try and scare the Americans (Crystal and Cindy). Didn't quite work, though for Vancouverites that know of what happens in there a lot, it was quite nerve wracking. Headed down to No. 9, a 24 hour Chinese restaurant at Lansdowne mall. In the shot is the status screen of my older cousin's car. Kind of blurry because I took the shot while he was driving. You could say it's kind of how I was seeing things because I was so tired.

Anywho, aside from being dead tired, I've got that feeling. It's not a very fun feeling. It's that feeling of slight emptiness. Like when you finish your favourite anime, or beat a game you've been playing for months. I kind of get that feeling whenever friends or relatives go home. I guess they're kind of the same, since I don't see my friends very often. They were only over for about two weeks, but it felt a lot longer. I've had interesting blog posts because I went out to take them around with my older cousins, so I'll definitely miss having interesting material to blog about. At least now life will be back to 'normal', whatever normal really is. Lots of cleaning. Haven't cleaned the house in a long time.

You Might Also Like

4 comments