A Day with Kenn 72

9:02 PM

Impressive shot by Billmoy

Meant to do this yesterday, but I forgot. Distracted by Blazblue Portable, and lamenting because I forgot to preorder Continuum Shift.



Went to The Old Spaghetti Factory for brunch. A bit heavy for breakfast, but it wasn't all that bad. The servings at the New Westminster restaurant were really, really big. Stuffed myself past the point of comfort. I had the classic spaghetti and meatballs by the way. After chilling at home for a bit, we set off to Lonsdale Quay, in North Vancouver. In the picture is a shot from the tables outside of the dining area of the market.

Another shot of a nice boat, named the Atessa. Or maybe that's just the company that made the boat. I'm not sure. But it's a nice yacht, don't you think?

It was a few hours after the spaghetti that I down this: a souvlaki beef pita. Was really tasty, but a tad bit hard to eat because it was so big. Lots and lots of veggies made this pretty darn healthy. Watched the guy behind the counter fry up the pita and beef on the flat top, then stuff the pita. The food up att the Quay is really good.


Scenery shots from a view point. In the shot is Downtown Vancouver. The tallest tower pictured in the rightmost photo is the Shangri-la Hotel.

The top of the viewpoint is quite high off the ground...if you can call it ground. A quay is a man made place for boats and other things to dock, so if you're not on concrete, you're standing on planks of wood above the water.

It's a pretty good shot, right? It's the same thing as the OP pic, but at a different angle, with a different backdrop. The big Q spins around and also has lights on it! Though most of the lights are probably pretty dead by now.

A piece of metal covered in graffiti. It's at the top of the view point. You can try to read and make sense of the writing, but I'm not sure how useful that would be.

A picture of the fountain from the top of the view point. It's quite nice, and those center pieces are really cool too.

A nice little sea gull. They look so silly when they're just wading around in the inlet. I love the way water fowl look when they sit on top of the water. Had some candy (chocolate rocks and Cola Balls) and some fresh oysters (they're delicious at Screamin' Mimi's).

I didn't take many photos of the market. If you'd like to read a very nice article about the market, you can click this link. Lots of photos and stuff about the market!


Busted out the recently rediscovered NES (Nintendo Entertainment System) after getting home from Lonsdale. I remember playing on it with my cousin in the 90's. We played our favourite game back then, Snow Bros. Seems that 8+ years have really made me rusty at the game. Way back then, the furthest we've ever gotten was to the Pterodactyl, but my cousin beat the whole game yesterday.

What's not to love about those graphics? That gameplay? It's just so awesome. Photo taken right before the stage finished, so there's not enemies left on the map. It plays something like Bubble Bobble if you know what that is. Awesome because I'm older than this game by only about five or six months. 

We went to the night market later in the day. Crystal and Cindy aren't used to lots and lots of people (and lots and lots of Asians), coming from Texas and all, so I tried to get them out of that mob of people as soon as possible. My mom on the other hand was only focused on getting food and eating. She's not very observant, and tends to do things that aggravates everybody else without intending to. Anywho, went around the stalls with Crystal and Cindy. They got cute socks from Korea (though tey didn't get the cool ones), and t-shirts with Canadian and Vancouver imagery as souvenirs. I ran off to grab me a mirror finish screen protector for my iTouch. Took me a while to find the shop that selled them for $5.

Image from Danbooru

Left the night market at around 9 and headed for some Korean barbeque! The platter we got was mainly mushrooms and vegetables though. Not much meat, and shared between six people made it even less. I guess it was because the platter was originally meant to be a dinner for two. 

Cindy and I talked about Wong Fu on the way home. She's glad she's not the only one who watches and keeps up with them. I'm sure she's not the only person in Texas who keeps up with them. Here on the west coast, they've got quite a following.


Image by Tatsuki Yuuta

On another note, I noticed there were two big scratches running the whole of the screen protector. They're quite prominent, so they're hard to miss. There's a protective piece of plastic over top of the mirror finish so it's not damaged in the packaging. Obviously that didn't work too well, since the two scratches were underneath that plastic. The protector also makes my screen kind of yellow too. Might have been a waste of $5.

You Might Also Like

1 comments