A Day with Kenn 73

6:14 PM

Image by Hizaki Ryuuta

Kenn @ work!



Kenn's working! For a bit at least.  Got a short job at Fabricland. I'm doing inventory clearing, so it's a lot of heavy lifting, moving, counting, etc.

Started at 6pm yesterday. Spent the evening in the back pulling big, heavy rolls of fabrics and vinyls and tying them together. Worked with four other guys, all of who are still in highschool. I have to say that the vinyls were at least double the weight of the fabrics. Finished at around 10 pm, which makes that 4 hours of heavy lifting, with a 20 minute break somewhere in the middle.

Image by Hazuki

Had to get up extra early because the job started at 7:30 AM today. I'm used to waking up this early, but after a few months of sleeping until 11 AM made it really hard to get myself out of bed. 

Not many people showed up for today; many of the workers are highschool students, and they had summer school. Some people didn't want to because they didn't want to get up so early in the morning. Anywho, I was still sore from Monday. Arms a bit tired, legs still a bit sore. A bit low in energy in the morning, but it picked up after a bit of work. With the exception of one, all of the guys I worked with yesterday didn't come. Worked with a very recent Eric Hamber graduate. I have to say that working with her was probably more productive than the four guys yesterday. A bit more entertaining too, as I had to figure out how to take the bolts from her without touching her in weird places. I was the only guy on the team, so I got a lot of the heavy stuff. I was also the tallest, so I also got all the jobs that require stacking on top of shelves and stuff.

We started with light stuff. Small bolts of fabrics. Counted them, pulled them off tables, and stuck them on scales to weigh them. Then we put them back onto the tables. Repeat at least 20 times. The bolts weren't very heavy, but they were a warm up for what was to come next.

After countless bolts of cottons and polyesters, we moved to what I worked on yesterday: the vinyls and large rolls of fabrics. Again, we counted them, picked them up and stuck them on the scales. Many of the rolls were 10 kg, and we'd stack three or four onto the scale. We went to more cottons, some weird stuff, bags of fabric, sports cloths (which happen to be some of the most expensive fabrics in the store, at $50/m), and denims. We eventually worked our way to the section that we spent a long time on: the fleeces and and carpeting. Well, I'm not actually sure whether they were meant to be carpetting, but it looked like it'd make great carpeting, or at least nice rugs. 

We had three 20-30 minute breaks over the 8 hours we spent on the job. So, that's pretty much 7 hours of constantly lifting rather heavy things, swinging them around to the scale, and then swinging them back to the shelves. My legs and feet were really sore, and my back was feeling a bit sore too. My arms didn't feel sore, just tired, though as I'm typing now, I can really feel the soreness in my arms now. 


My breakfast this morning. Some ground meat thing with rice noodles, fish sauce and a bit of ground thai chili. 

On another note, I'm planning to do spring anime reviews with Natural sometime this week. I'll try to work on the first of them tomorrow, and Natural will work on his when he doesn't have work.

You Might Also Like

1 comments