A Day with Kenn 69

4:05 AM


Let's talk about today...tomorrow, which is today, which means I'm talking about yesterday! 

Loooong post is long.


First let's go back to Friday. We won't spend too long on it, but there's a few things I want to talk about there.

Here we've got a bit of a habit of mine. If I have bottles lying around, I'm tempted to stack them like above. It's pretty unstable, but it stayed standing, until I accidentally knocked it over. I moved it to the ground, where it also fell over when I walked past it.



This lovely package arrived in the mail Friday morning. A very heavy box, fresh from Louisiana. It's not often you get stuff from there, but Saturday was a special day!

Inside the box.. You can't see it clearly, but those are Crawfish, also known as cray fish, mudbugs, spiny lobsters, mini lobsters, shrimp lobsters, etc. Whatever you want to call them, they're heavy as hell when there's lots of them and they're frozen. The styrofoam box they were shipped in was already falling apart when it arrived at our doorstep.


 My breakfast, lunch AND dinner. Well, not this bowl specifically, but I had this more than once on Friday. It's my attempt at gyudon. It's not exactly traditional (not simmered in stock or whatever), but it was really tasty and filling. You can't see it well, but there's lots of rice underneath all that beef and onion.


If you remember from A Day with Kenn 68, I said I had stuck the Mirai Clock 2 onto my iTouch. Well, here it is, non-screenshot version with Domo. Taken quite late in the day as you can see.

A Birthday card my cousin made for me. You could call it cheap, but considering that she's doubling up her birthday party with mine, I don't really mind this. It's the thought that counts, right?

Now to Saturday.

Image from here

I managed to get to sleep at around 4 in the morning. Stayed up playing DJ Max. Anywho, at around  9 in the morning, my mom wakes me up and tells me to get dressed because we're going out for dim sum. So with 5ish hours of sleep, I got dressed and piled into the family Honda. Except my two cousins from Texas were coming along, so the ride was quite cramped. 

Crystal, a cousin from Texas who happens to be the only relative I have, that I know, who is the same age as me, is allergic to sea food. Guess what almost every dish at the restaurant we went to dim sum for had. If you said egg, or pork, I think you might need to read this paragraph again. Everything had shrimp for some reason, and she had a hard time picking everything out.

After running around Richmond center, picking up Tasunoko vs Capcom, a Wii Classic Controller, Figma Kagamine Rin, and two tshirts from Aeropostale, we ran around in Winners at Landsdowne mall. My brother and I found foam swords from G.I. Joe. We played with them the whole time we were there. They're foam, but they're really stiff and hurt a bit if you get smacked by it.

Image from Magic Malaysia

At home, my cousins and I played a few games of Magic: The Gathering. Cindy (Crystal's younger sister) played my cousin's best deck, a Green elf deck. Crystal played a black deck, my cousin played an inferior green elf deck, while I played the White / Blue Angel deck. Played Luminarch Ascension lets you pump out 4/4 Angels, but everyone targeted me because of it. Before I lost the first game, I left the game with Day of Judgement, wiping everything clean. Second time, I just got beaten down my insanely strong elves, pumped up with at least three different effects.



My cousin's (and my) birthday party started at 7pm Saturday. Invited Sam, Jason, Chris, Darren, Keith and Edmond. Probably should've invited more people, but even with the people already here, we had a bit of trouble finding things to do.
 
Remember those crawfish from earlier in the post? This is pretty much what they ended up like. They were cooked in a spice mix my dad bought a year ago when we were in Texas. We had corn, potatoes, prawns and enough garlic to sink the Titanic in the pot. Sam ate lots of these mudbugs, sucking out the various innards from the head, cracking open the claws and devouring every morsel of flesh these crustaceans held within their shell-clad bodies. The corn was brutally spicy. My aunt gave me one and it made me fear for my well being just eating it. I made Jason eat one too, and he suffered the same way I did. We downed a cup of milk to cool it down.

Image from The Posh Space

Speaking of cups, my cousin bought these disposable plastic cups. At first they look like any regular plastic beer cup, but after peeling back the colourful label, you realize it's much more than your average cup. It's the most awesome disposable plastic cup you'll find on this side of the Earth. You can scratch your name into the black space, customizing your cup to your every want or need! As Keith described it 'innovative!'

Darren and Sam cracked open Coronas while we played Super Street Fighter 4 on the Ps3. Keith, as expected, steam rolled everyone quite easily. Even when playing Tatsunok vs Capcom on the Wii he managed to beat us all.


The cakes. Mine is the big one of the left. My mom had it ordered, and it looks really trippy and nice. My cousin's name isn't Yen, but my aunt's name is. I'm not sure when my aunt's birthday is, but since her name's on the cake, I guess it's either soon or past. Anywho, while my cake is a great deal larger than the other cake, the smaller one was probably more expensive. Mine was a Dairy Queen cake, while the smaller one is a cake from La Casa Gelato. Yes, it's a Gelato cake.

Darren and Chris felt the need to catch up on the latest UFC news, and used my computer. Edmond was playing with my Tarot cards as usual. Whenever he sees them, he'll attempt to read our fates by the first card he draws. Keith happened to get Death the last time they were over. "You're not dead yet." Darren ended up playing a Robot Unicorn game on Adult Swim. 


Jason and I decided to give Keith a taste of Monster Hunter, since Keith has said he wanted to play MHP3. Darren joined in on the fun, and after replacing his United with Portable 2G, we started. Keith and Darren had a hard time, while me and Jason had a hard time not killing everything in sight. Keith eventually rage quitted after Darren failed the mission for us. Went back to the Wii for some more ass whooping form Keith on Tatsunoko vs Capcom. He used a team of Ryu and Chun Li. I'm trying to learn to play Karas, but I'm not very good at these games. Scratch that. I'm not very good at any game.


Edmond often harasses the others when they're together. Keith and Jason  are usually on the receiving end of Edmond's slightly sadistic behaviour. Sam, Chris, and Darren often engage in play fights, stemming from the boxing matches we used to have back in highschool. Those were good times.

My birthday presents! The chips and Grass jelly drinks are from my cousins. Monster Hunter Tri is also from them. I bought Rin with money my mom gave me for my birthday, while Tatsunoko vs. Capcom is from my brother. My cousins wrapped everything, numbering the presents. There were more bags of chips, but we finished three of them before the party. 
1. Bag of Calbee Chips
2. Bag of Calbee Chips
3. Grass Jelly Drink
4. Bag of Calbee Chips
5. Bag of Calbee Chips
19. Monster Hunter Tri
They did the funny numbering in an attempt to trick me into thinking that they hid 14 other presents around the house. I also managed to guess that the game was MH Tri quite easily. A similar situation has actually happened before. While we were at Richmond centre early Saturday, I wanted to pick up Monster Hunter Tri along with TvC, but my brother said not to. Last year for Christmas, my brother said the same thing when I went to get Assassins Creed II. 

Anywho, if you haven't seen it yet, I suggest you all go pay a visit to Weej's lovely blog. It's much nicer, and she got it done is less time than it took for me to get this one down. It seems that she's also got some jQuery working on it too. So you could say it's superior to this humble blog.

You Might Also Like

2 comments