A Week with Kenn 65

10:12 PM


'Twas a lazy day today.


Started playing Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, a remake of the 1992 Sega CD game. I've played Lunar Legend (a 2002 remake of the 1992 game) for the Game Boy Advanced, but the PSP remake is by far superior. Wish more games had the dual voice track so I could use the Japanese audio. The English voices aren't bad, but I like listening to Japanese voices trying to understand what they're saying without reading the text.


Image by Watarai Keiji

Went to a random Japanese restaurant for er...lunch today. My mom had to return cups my dad got from McD's because of cadmium in the paint. Had a gyudon (beef bowl, 牛丼) to make up for my breakfast and lunch. It's pretty heavy to put down the hatch as your first meal of the day, so it's not surprising that my stomach didn't like it for the first half of the bowl. The restaurant was okay at most. The tea tasted a bit like household cleaner...


Now, going back in time. Put the pedal to the metal on your DeLorean and gun it 142 km/h (88 mp/h)! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!!

This is an avacado. These things are great if you stick them in the blender with a bit of vanilla ice cream, milk and bananas. Can't handle them like this though.

The dark liquid is...something I can't remember the name for. It's made from pandan leaves though, and has a rather distinct taste. I added a bit of this to a milk shake I made earlier in the week. Couldn't taste it at all.

One of those half cups would go perfectly with that half muffin. 'Tis a blueberry muffin with a coffee.


Made mapo tofu again. This time, my mom wasn't home to make things go her way. On the left is everything you need to make your very own mapo tofu. The black beans got cut out of the photo. The black pepper's in front of it. Middle is during the cooking. When I added the chili paste and black beans, the heat from the pot instantly sizzled the two and put out a huge wave of aroma which made it hard to breathe. Had to open up a window and get some fresh air ^^;. On the right is the result! Some delicious tofu, with rice. Nom'd a bit too much though, and had to get my brother to finish my second plate.

A late night plate of exotic fruits from last night. On the left are magosteens, sweet, juicy tasty fruits from Southeast Asia. Sometimes their shells are hard enough to be used as a throwing weapon. On the right are rambutans, which I've had up on the blog before.

A small plate of fried noodles. It was originally a full plate, but I only remembered that I had my camera after I finished half of the plate.

^^; Another muffin. I actually ate this after the plate of fruits and fried noodles. It's a chocolate chip muffin.

You Might Also Like

2 comments