A Week with Kenn 66

1:26 PM

Image by mtyy

Totally forgot it was Thursday yesterday. I'll have the Weekly Touhou doujin and Song of the Week up later today.


Image by gebo

Let's start off with the most current news, then go back to the beginning and outline the week. I went to the optometrist earlier this week, and after an eye exam, I learned that my left eye's degree increased by quite a bit. So I dropped off my spectacles to have the left lens replaced. Now, it's not too bad since I'm not actually doing anything at the moment. But since I turned my glasses in on a Thursday, the earliest I'll get them back is Saturday. The clinic isn't open on Sundays, so if it's not Saturday, it'll probably be Monday. 

And that's the reason why I didn't get the Touou doujin up yesterday; I can barely see my screen.


Another reason why I didn't get the Touhou doujin up yesterday was because I was off playing Cosmic Break. Kind of. It's really, really hard to play any game when you can't barely tell what you're looking at. But Mecha-musume is always great, even if you barely see the moe designs.

So, I spent most of yesterday playing Lunar on my PSP. It's easier to see on the PSP since it's closer to my face.

From a while back. I can't even remember when I took this. I lied. I do. June 6, 2010, 1:06:34 AM. I spotted this guy back when I still had my glasses. Chased it around with a broom and dust pan to try to shuttle it out the door, but it ran off and disappeared. I spotted in the washroom just a few minutes ago (without my glasses), so it might be that guy.

Anyone get this reference? You should be over 18 if you do get it. Might be a bit difficult since my box happens to be really crappy, and my apple isn't very detailed. Hint: it's a game that involves apples. Answer: Illusion's HAKO

A light lunch from a while back. A cuppa green tea and a dorayaki. You'll know what dorayaki is if you've ever watched Doraemon. He loves these. They're essentially two castella pancakes around a red bean filling. I can only eat one every once in a while because I'm not too fond of castella.

Impressive, no? Spent a few minutes gauging the apple with my trusty knife. Not very hard if you know what you're doing. Nowhere near the level of Hirosaki though.

Yes, I know it looks kind of gnarly, but it didn't taste all that bad. My mom bought a bunch of these things a while back, and they've been sitting around in the freezer, so we decided to just eat them all. My brother and I describe things like these as being 'heavy'. They sort of stick to your insides on the way down, making it hard to eat a lot of it. It's plum sauce and black pepper covering by the way.

Aisu~. The first thing you'll probably notice in this picture is that Kenn needs to cut his nails. I know that, and I will. Anywho, snacking on some ice cream (Neapolitan) after lunch. My parents and my sister can't pronounce the name of the flavour. My sister calls it Napoleon, and my parents follow suit, much to my dismay. I don't think this ice cream was exiled to Corsica...

 Again, I realize it looks a tad bit unappeatizing, but that's probably because I made the bad decision of zapping it in the microwave. Not too sure whether I should eat it warm or cold. I don't think it really matters too much. Anyways, it's called Banh Tet Chuoi. I'm missing all the accents, so I'll just put a photo of the wrapping up. I'm not actually sure what it means, aside from the fact that Chuoi means Banana, which is in the mushy looking center of the rice. The black things embedded into the rice are red beans...I think.

You Might Also Like

1 comments