Spring Anime Reviews Part 1

6:11 PM

Image by Shigehiro

If only. Well, I've put myself through the first episodes of four of the series. Heroman being one of them.

I'll just say for now that artists move really fast. ^^;



First up is B型H系。 ^^; I enjoyed it a whole lot more than I thought I would. She might have perverted thoughts, but she really is just an innocent girl. From the opening, it's safe to assume that the main couple's already been introduced. Don't watch it with younger folks, because some of stuff that happens ain't for children.


Aside from B型H系, I enjoyed 会長はメイド様! the most out of the four series I watched. Misaki's just so cute, even when she's mad. Looks very much like Special A.  I can see this hitting on well with many viewers, much like the case with 君に届け and Vampire Knight. It doesn't seem to have a set episode number yet, so I'm hoping that it'll be a fun, long run. 


Well, I didn't quite enjoy this as much as I did with the first two. Perhaps it's the high expectations I had for this that weren't exactly met. With all the hype that Angel Beats!, I was hoping that it'd be spectacular from the get go, though I'm currently hoping it gets better.


Well, it was BONES for sure. Heroman was wonderfully animated, but as I had stated in the preview, I was a tad bit worried that other elements, such as the plot and characters would fall short becaues of the source material. After giving it a go, it really does feel like a Sunday or Saturday morning cartoon you'd have over on this side of the Pacific. 

The character designs are fine, aside from Heroman's design. Can't say I like it too much. As you can see with the title image, Joey's design has been the target of quiet a few artists. ^^; As seen here, here, here, here, and here. Boy do they ever work fast.

Part 2 will be out after I sit myself through another batch of episodes that aren't out until tomorrow.

You Might Also Like

0 comments