A Day with Kenn 95

6:17 PM

These should be green. Flash killed it.

Today, I make preserved lime tea with honey.




Top photo is of preserved limes. My dad has them in a big jar in the kitchen. I don't know what the brine is made out of, but whatever it is, it's been there for a long time. The limes loose their sourness and gain an almost musky sweetness.

These should be green. Flash killed it. 
They cut easily. There isn't as much juice inside these as you think, but I'm not using these to juice. Anyways, you probably only need one of these to make your tea.


I don't think it's necessary, but I like chopping it up real fine. Sometimes I'll stick this into a tea steeper and make it like that.


Throw the chopped up bits into a pot with water and boil. Once the water is at a rolling boil you can kill the heat.


Put it through a strainer to take out all the lime bits and you'll end up with something like this. Add some honey or other sweetener because the lime does have a very strong and unique taste. Without a sweetener, it tastes a little odd.

That's all for today! Tune in next time when I cook up an entire generation of mammoths in a dutch oven the size of a pin head.

You Might Also Like

0 comments