Fairy Tail - First Impressions

7:14 PM



 Awight, consider this a continuation of this.


First off, the opening and ending don't float my boat. Yes, Fairy Tail is a shounen series, akin to Naruto, One Piece and Bleach, but them songs ain't my thing.

Secondly, I'm not too much of a fan of Kugimiya Rie's voice acting for Happy. I've got nothing against her, it's just I really can't stand that voice after three seasons of Zero no Tsukaima, two seasons of Shana, ToraDora!, Gintama, and anything else that she was in. I'm slowly reaching that point with Hirano Aya too, which could be bad news for Lucy.

That aside, I enjoyed the first episode. Yes, I read the manga, so yes, I do know what happens. But it was still entertaining. Natsu's voice is manlier than I thought it'd be, and I'm certainly glad it didn't turn out to be a Naruto-like voice. Thank you Kirihara Tetsuya (seiyuu for Natsu). Aside from Happy's voice, nothing really bugged me about the animation or character design. If this ends up popular (which I'm hoping it does), expect this one to go long for a run, not too different from One Piece, given the similarities.

You Might Also Like

0 comments