Autumn Series First Impressions

7:32 PM



I've gone and watched the first episodes of every series, and so I thought I'd share my thoughts on them with y'all.  Let's start with the first series.

Nocturne Girl's School Lacrosse Club: I personally don't like sports anime, but the characters were so loveable...



11eyes
It wasn't an awesome first episode, but it wasn't terrible either. Not sure how this will play out, but it certainly was interesting. I'm hoping it doesn't end up like another game adaption, ChaosHead, which wasn't really that great.



Asura Cryin' 2
Not sure what to say. It's not really any different from season one, except now Tomoharu's in pickle. I really want to say what his little predicament is, but I'd spoil. It's licensed by Crunchyroll too.



The Book of Bantorra
I'd reckon that this could be one of the season's best series. The first two episodes weren't bad, but the story hasn't actually started yet. It's licensed by Crunchyroll.



Darker than Black Gemini
One of the better series of this season. This episode almost went in it's entirety without any appearance from Hei. I'm definitely keeping this one. Only 12 episodes for this season.



Kampfer
Ah. I'm not too sure what to say. I haven't read much of the manga, so I'm not too sure how this'll turn out. But looking at the way episode two ended, I get the feeling I know how this'll turn out.



Kimi no Todoke
The animation is gorgeous for this series. It was also super faithful to the manga, as I noticed no changes from the source material. If you haven't read the manga, I'd say that you should definitely watch the anime. If you have read the manga, the choice is yours.

Kobato.
Like Kimi no Todoke, the animation is great. Hanazawa Kana is wonderful as Kobato, and her singing voice is really something. Plus, Kobato's got a different outfit everyday, so that's something to look forward to.


Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu: Purezza
It's not much different from the later episodes of the first season, which weren't too bad. The censorship for this is waaaay overly done. A public bath can't have enough steam to make things look white. It's licensed by Crunchyroll.





Nyan koi!
From the episode preview of next week's episode, it looks like they'll be introducing the next character, which makes me fear that the series will be episodic for a while. It also makes me wonder what happened to all the events that occured before said character shows up. I'm hoping this doesn't take a turn for the worse, as I'm somewhat fond of the series.




Sasameki Koto
 Well, the "lily" series of this season (Aoi Hana was last season's). The opening was really quiet, so quite that I had to turn up my volume by quite a bit to hear it. It's really quite relaxing when you can hear it. Much like the series. The first episode comes with comedy, drama, romance and everything that the series is. Although, there is more to it than just the first episode. It's licensed by Crunchyroll.



Seiken no Blacksmith
One of the better series this season. Luke comes off as a jerk, but I feel that there's more to him than just that. So far, all the character's are pretty likeable, and Cecily's already lost her top. Speaking of Cecily's top, how on Earth do they make breastplates for her? ^^" I'd like to do the measuring for the blacksmith.


 
Seitokai no Ichizon
Well, from the first episode, I can sorta tell that I'm not gonna like this too much. Not the greatest episode. Not too sure how well this'll do. I'm not holding any expectations for it.



Sora no Otoshimono
Well, it wasn't a terrible episode, but from what I've read in the manga, the story isn't entirely interesting for a while. With only 12 episodes, I'm seeing an anime original ending, which tells me that somewhere around episode 9, they'll come up with something. It's licensed by Crunchyroll.

Tegami Bachi
Well, the first episode was the "prequel" in a sense to the actual story. The animation was gorgeous though. It's licensed by Crunchyroll.




 Toaru Kagaku no Railgun
I suppose this counts as another "lily" series. There more than enough room for anime original episodes, and I'm expecting them to end the series at the end of the first actual ark in the manga.



White Album 2
It's no different from season 1, which I still need to finish.


You Might Also Like

0 comments