Manga of ze Week - 3月のライオン

5:04 PM


Image by Umino Chika (cover of volume 1)


Title: 3月のライオン, 3gatsu no Lion, March Lion, March Comes in like a Lion
Author: Umino Chika
Genre: Seinen, Drama, Slice of Life
Serialized in: Hakushensha Young Animal
Total Volume Count:  3 (ongoing)

Kenn's Comment: Not many chapters have been scanlated, but from the...6 chapters I can say that I really, really enjoyed those 6 chapters. If I had it my way, I'd be able to read it without the translations. But if I had everything my way, I'm sure most of the world would be underneath me, praying to the new ruler.

Summary from MangaUpdates:
Kiriyama Rei is a 17-year old professional shōgi player and very good at it, but in real life, he has nothing. Quiet and not very social, Rei has no family, very few friends, and he doesn't go to school. He is acquainted with a neighboring woman named Akari who single-handedly lives and cares for her two younger sisters, Momo and Hinata. It's life-ish seinen, with strong monologues and reflections by Rei.

You Might Also Like

1 comments