Merry Christmas!

8:46 PM

Image by Kanna Asuke

Merry Christmas! I'm not planning to put up anything for the rest of today, and I'm thinking of whether I want to put anything up for tomorrow right now.

 This arrived just in time for Christmas. Amazing. Ordered it last week from Songbird Ocarinas, and it made it in a week. International shipping usually takes like 2-3 weeks, but this one made it in half the time. For those who can't tell what it is (sorry for the bad photo), it's a replica of the Ocarina of Time, in the epic beginning of the Legend of Zelda series. It's sitting on a very nice looking wooden stand.

This is the pouch I ordered along with it. It's a bit tacky looking, but it keeps the ocarina safe and is a bit easier to carry around than just sticking it in my pocket. It's a bit hard to play, as I've no experience with flutes and recorders (which is more or less how it plays like). Still getting the hang of it, but I'm still no where near good.

 Christmas party at the folks' restaurant. I'd call it a Vietnamese Christmas party. Decked out with Hainam Chicken and rice and many other delicious delicacies. It was coupled along with obnoxiously loud karaoke (in Vietnamese) that came along with an even louder score screen.

Someone brought this for the party. Fruit flower basket. The flowers are...pineapple and persimmon, and the rest should be fairly obvious. I only had a flower to eat, so I'm not sure what the other things are.
We headed to my cousin's place for the night after getting deafened by the karaoke. He's got a small house that he rents along with a few other friends, but it's really nicely decorated. The stairwell up to the second floor is adorned by his guitars, which hang from the walls, and various posters and pieces of art.

The living room centers around the TV, which doesn't have cable apparently. My cousin's massive blu-ray collection graces the shelves, while the combined games of his and his friends inhabit the two shelves on the side. They've got two PS3's in the house. Could've been three, but the third person left theirs at their parent's place. We jammed with Rock Band 3 all night (not all night, but for a good while).
My cousin's two friends collect records. In the left box were some older songs, while the right box had some very classy orchestral music; like Bach, Brahms and many other classical and romantic works.
And this is where those records are played. The one of the bottom plays it. The two things on top are the controllers for DJ Hero. 

 So apparently, a friend of his (who works as a caterer) did a meal for Douglas Coupland, the author of books like jPod, Microserfs and the man who coined the term 'generation x'. Some of the ornaments on the rather bare tree were made by Coupland. He also gave my cousin's friend some works of art that he did.

We had a bit of a tasting test with these. They make sour things taste sweet, though it seems it works best with organic sourness, like in lemons and limes (with taste delicious with these). Didn't work so well with sour candies. It also makes beer taste like chocolate milk apparently. 
 
We went to T&T this morning to do some snack shopping. I got a pack of Wasabi peas, while everyone rocked some funky crackers and haw flakes (which are delicious btw).

Christmas dinner today. Stuffed turkey, tuna, some veggies, leftovers from yesterday's party, and a whole whack of other stuff. There were a few more dishes behind me that I couldn't get into the shot. The bowl in the middle is gravy.

Dessert. The little bowls are some Asian melon that I forget the name of. Inside are grapes, papaya balls, dragon fruit balls (we had fun calling them dragon balls) and some apple. It's delicious with a good vanilla ice cream (the best ice cream flavour). 

My cousin got me this melodica for Christmas. Was rocking out with my cousin on his guitar to tunes like Metric's Gimme Sympathy, April Smith's Colors (note that I usually spell that with a U), Josh Ritter's Temptation of Adam, Slow Club's Christmas TV (it was inevitable), and an original song that my cousin wrote. We later rocked the Office Theme, yes with the melodica. I tried doing melodica and piano at the same time, but it's waaay too hard. 

And that's more or less my Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Not doing Boxing Day like I did last year. Maybe another time, but can't think of anything I really want. Plus I just rocked a whole butt load of ducks on tuition.

You Might Also Like

2 comments