Spring Anime Previews 2012 - ZETMAN

11:26 PM

Image by Luckfield

I'm hoping this one goes well...



Title: Zetman
Animation Production: TMSEntertainment
Genre: Action, Drama, Romance, Sci-Fi, Supernatural, Tragedy
Airs: 04/02 26:38 YOMIURI TV
Website: http://zetman.jp/index.html

Series Summary from ANN:
Jin, a mysterious kid with a halo carved in his hand, and extraordinary fighting skills, lives with his grandfather in a beggar's community. In other place, the old scientist Amagi is searching for professor Kanzaki, to ask him for the whereabouts of the "player" -a kind of genetic altered humans- Zet, which they created some years ago. Soon, Jin and his grandfather are attacked by a mysterious man who turns into a monster. The connection between professor Amagi and professor Kanzaki, seems to connect also young Jin to the mystery of the "players", and Zet.
Kenn's Comment:  I mentioned this one a few weeks back when I put it up for Manga of the Week. I voiced some of my concerns there and I'll restate them here.

It's a rather mature story, and heavy censorship would really detract from the story. By censorship I don't mean those annoying streaks of mysterious sunlight/moonlight that you get in a lot of anime. I'm talking about the animation crews changing material to make it more...appropriate for younger viewers.

Another concern I have is the pacing of the series. I haven't read the manga in a while, but I don't remember any really good natural stopping point in the series. It'd be nice if they didn't rush through the story at a blistering pace, though spending too much time trying to be ad verbatim to the manga would also be a problem.

The voice cast is looking mighty impressive though. Namikawa Daisuke and Miyano Mamoru play the two main leads, and they're joined by a rather impressive supporting cast with others like Romi Park, Hanazawa Kana, Hirose Masashi, and Hisakawa Aya, among others.

PV:

You Might Also Like

0 comments