A Week with Kenn 83

6:23 PM


Image from Danbooru

Been playing lots and lots of Fallout 3 this week. More or less the last week I have before I venture back to the depths of hell. 

 Can anyone guess what this disassembled piece of furniture is? Answer's after the jump.



Went up to hell Capilano to pay for my courses. Didn't realize I could pay for it through online banking, so I had to make my way north. The lineup was long enough to make one think that they were handing out iPhone 4's up there. Senator Sprinkles from the Jamboree kept me company while I stood in the line for almost an hour. I'd tip my hat to him if I had one. Anywho, once I got into the Cashier's office, I swiped my debit card to pay, as the university no longer accepts credit as payment for courses. The fact that my card has a $1000 transaction limit completely slipped my mind. The most expensive purchase I've ever made with my card before this wasn't even $100. So I went and phoned RBC and did some phone banking and finished it. Had to get back in line to ask about my options. Transactions like that can take up to 3 business days to complete. With a bit of hope, Fallout 3 and anime, the transaction went through in a single day. If there are omnipotent beings out there, this event might just make me believe in them, if not just by the slightest bit.


Took the sea bus home after picking up a Slouvaki pita and this can of San Pellegrino limonata from George's at the Lonsdale Quay market. It was my first time on the new Pacific Breeze sea bus. Up til now, I've been on the Burrard Beavers (the older model). The seats are really soft and comfy, the windows are smaller, and I think it's a little quieter inside the cabin. And now a bunch of photos of Rocky, our dog, because we all love the little guy.
 



He's a miniature Pinscher cross Doberman...I think. I know he's a mini Pinscher, but I'm not sure about the Doberman part. He's technically my cousins' dog, but we live together and I've been around Rocky since he was wee pup. 

Some photos from the great outdoors, located about 5-6 meters from my backdoor. I can only tell you that the big picture on the bottom is a dandelion. No clue what the rest are. 

Mmm...Banana Nut Cheerios. These things really taste like banana! Not like those weird simulated flavours. Tastes like those baked banana chips you can get in bulk at Superstore. Since we more or less haven't gone a single week without blueberries, I added them to the cereal. 

This bugger and his merry band of friends kept harassing me throughout the day. I wiped them out like a wipe out groups of Raiders in Fallout 3. I trapped one in a bag of garbage I was throwing out. Let another one out of the house. This unfortunate fellow felt the wrath of Kenn first hand.

Ended up chasing the fly around for a good 5 minutes before I landed the killing strike with a +10 Blessed Titanium Short Sword. Er, I mean a rolled up newspaper. It landed on pots and pans first, and I couldn't strike it there or risk dropping the fly into the pot. Plus chances were very high that I'd end up making a massive mess if I missed. It eventually landed on the back of a chair where I gave it a chop. 

This is more or less 龙眼糖水 (longan tong sui). My mom also made an agar jelly which is that translucent stuff at the top. The white things in the center are the longan. There were also red dates floating around in there.

The agar jelly floating around in the tong sui. Looks really funny and it's more or less tasteless. Looks a lot like plastic when it's in it's full block. My mom used a mini-plane (what she calls a cheese grater) to get into the strips like this.

This is actually really small. I know the photo makes it look pretty big, but it was small...and didn't taste very good. The 'Classic Watermelon Flavour' on the label didn't make me feel any better about eating a watemelon that size. It was also pretty soft. My mom got it from one of her coworkers at the restaurant. 

Mom made me clean up my closet to clear up the clutter in there. Pulled all my clothes out, and discovered that I had a whole lot more than I originally thought. Lots of stuff crammed at the back where I can't reach.

This was actually the first pair of jeans I got. A size 28/30 pair from American Eagle many years ago. Found it it crammed in a corner of my closet where I couldn't see or reach. I've gotten fat over the years and I couldn't even try to fit into these. 

These Kappa athletic pants used to be the thing to wear if you were a male Vietnamese youth up to no good. Of course, that wasn't me, but I used them for Halloween one year and got quite the response. 'Kenny's finally awakened to his Vietnamese blood'. Just glad my actions back then didn't get me shot.

Realized that all my t shirts are solid coloured. Cool how I don't have a double of any shade. 

My many polo's. There's a black one missing that I just got. There's probably more of them that I put on the stack. Took this photo before I completely emptied the closet. I know I've got a few polo's that are too nice to fold and stack, so they're hanging.

Stack of jeans. They all look the same. Most of these were crammed at the back no thanks to my inability to reach the further ends of the closet. 

A salmon salad sandwich I made. It's got chunks of salmon, mayonnaise, cheddar and monterey jack cheeses, Sriracha, cucumbers, Dijon mustard and black pepper. I can't say I'm terribly fond of the fishy taste that fish and lots of seafood have though.

Remember this picture? Well the answer is that it's a bookshelf. Got it a few days ago so I can finally clear up some of the clutter in my room.

It's pretty nice. The dark wood makes it look classy. Not sure if I'm going to put my gunpla and Figma up on this. My mom wants me to, but I don't think Gundams and Figma like Miku and Rin really coordinate all that well together. Might get myself a separate stand alone shelf to put them on, like this one from Ikea.

A closer look at the individual shelves from top to bottom. Starting at the top is my diploma shelf. I'm still looking for some things to spruce this shelf up a bit. Trying to find where the Pokeball diplay case for the gold card went. I've got a Mewtwo, my brother has a Charizard and my cousin as a Poliwrath.

At the moment, this shelf is a tad bit lonely. Only a handful a games sit on this shelf. Enlarge the image to see the titles, if you can't already figure out what they are. Super Swing Golf is the American title of the Pangya! Wii port.

The third shelf from the top, or the second form the bottom. Most of my books are actually on a shelf built into the headboard of my bed, so this shelf is basically what didn't fit in the other shelf. Again, you can enlarge the photo to see the titles. Still trying to get my hands on Saikano volumes 4-7. Going to have to get Brigadoon volume 1 again too. Magazines are on the right. And by Magazines, I mean Scientific American, which I used to read back in my highschool days. The big red book is 'The Mother Goose'. The title is shiny, so it might be hard to read.

The bottom shelf happens to be able to safely support 50 lbs. It's where I put my bigger books, most of which are for piano. It's a bit empty, but I hope to try and expand my music library...eventually.

An apple muffin. We got a whole bunch of muffins from Costco the last time we were there. The apple muffin has small chunks of apple in it. 

How do you eat your muffins?


Mmm, I love raisin bread. Toast it up and eat with a nice cup of coffee or tea and I'm set. Interesting fact: Garfield loves raisin bread, so long as you pick the raisins off of it. He hates raisins.

Image by Kitani

A week before I head back into the depths of Hell. I probably won't be posting a Week with Kenn for a while, but I'll try and keep the weekly features going. Look forward to Fall Anime Previews which will be starting up in a few days.

You Might Also Like

5 comments