A Week with Kenn 82

10:58 AM

yaawwwnnn

( ̄ー ̄) Been a rather slow week. Not too much to blog about.




A very healthy late night snack of mine. Blueberries are super high quality and super abundant this summer thanks to the (uncomfortably) hot and dry weather. We've been snacking on them non stop since July. Anywho, oatmeal with Craisins­® and blueberries. Oh, and I added a bit of pandan leaf extract to make it green. Green oatmeal just looks more appetizing to me.

Sorry for the bad photo. I had better photos, but some...undesirable things got into the shots for those. Anywho, rice with fried squid, honey garlic pork, green beans and black olives. I believe this was my dinner from a while back. Anywho, got the Chinese food from Yao Han center. It's really cheap there, though there's still room for improvement when it comes to the quality of the food.

Dad brought home some boiled crabs a few days ago. I really don't like to eat the fish my mom prepares, because it's always a very Asian way of preparing fish; it's either boiled or pan fried. I might eat fish more if she cooked in some other way, but she always ends up doing one or the other. Anywho, I don't like fish, but I'm fine with shellfish. I like to eat the claws and legs, so I nommed on those while my mom took care of the body. The crab cracker thingy I was using didn't help much. Maybe if the crab was bigger, but alas, it wasn't. Ended up eating the legs and claws on two crabs. It's more meat than you think. I also learned that my dad is allergic to shellfish.

Mmm. One of the great examples of 'love it or hate it'. Even in families there are people who don't like it. In my family, my brother doesn't like it. I know that Jason doesn't like it, while the rest of his family devours the spiky shelled fruit. 'Twas a pain to open, in more ways than one. Kept getting poked while holding it down.

Once you cut through the dangerously spiked shell, you're treated to the mushy innards flesh of the exotic fruit. The smell is probably one of the biggest reasons why people don't like Durian. I remember an episode of Fear Factor where one of the challenges was eating durian. It was a long time ago, but I remember laughing at the people scared to eat it. Their other choices were some bugs and reindeer testicles.

 
 Lunch from...yesterday? Bún...bo I guess. It means rice vermicelli (bún) and beef, quite literally. Anywho, it's rice vermicelli with lettuce, mint and some sort of beef I found in the fridge.

 
Props to whoever can guess what game I'm playing based on the menu screen alone. Recently got the game for quite a bit less than it usually is.

A snack from last night. A steam bun with some meat (my brother said it was beef) egg and some vegetable or something. I really can't tell when the meat feels so weird. Gave the meat to Rocky (our dog), and he had a hard time eating it because it doesn't really feel like meat. He gobbled it up when I tried to cut it smaller for him though.

Another late night snack for me. Desert tofu. :B Oh man, I am soooo Asian. I've put a carton of this stuff into the blender with fruits and stuff and it tastes great.


There was a black out a few hours ago that affect my whole block, perhaps even more. I was sitting on the toilet, taking care of some 'business' when the power went out. I had my iTouch in my pocket so I wasn't completely in the dark. Played with the dog in the dark, sang some Sinatra, played with lights, etc. I also tried to scare my cousin and his friend by creeping up on them with the horse mask on in the dark. All the traffic lights around my house also were out, so there was a lot of honking going on.

Power came back at around 2210 hours (it went out around 2100 hours), and Rocky showed up in the doorway. My brother snapped the shot of him with the DSLR I had set up to take the pictures of the candles.
 Went for another night of Nerf-ing with my cousin and his friends. Big game this time, with two teams of six. We had a pair of police officers clear out school we were playing in and proceeded with the matches. We played 3 matches; one game of VIP, where one person has to make it once around the school without getting shot to win, and two games of Team Deathmatch (or Team Slayer for those Halo players). My record is currently 0-1. Zero kills, 1 death. Might have gotten a kill tonight, but I totally missed my cue. Couldn't hear it and ended up staying in hiding.

My cousin more or less always does the Nerf games at night. It's a pain to find all the darts, but playing in the day really isn't the same. There's this one corridor which is quite literally pitch black. Many games have been won and lost by utilizing the tactical advantage the dark corridor gives.

I'd love to be able to do things like this with my friends, but I don't know how many of them would find this fun. After the abysmal 'scunt' I really don't know whether I can do all the cool things my cousin does with his friends. 

My dad bought a whole bunch of these buns from a Chinese bakery. Not really sure what you'd call them, so I'll name them by what I believe they're composed of. One on the left is a wiener and Cheese bun, and the other one is a Ham, Onion and Cheese bun. The latter tastes kind of funny, while the former is fairly standard in an Asian bakery. Topped it off with the last piece of durian. On another note, 'durian' doesn't seem to be in Firefox's dictionary.

You Might Also Like

2 comments