Medaka Box

6:57 PM



Now I'm not gonna say that the series is crap, and you shouldn't waste your time on it. I do have some thoughts about it though. Oh, and this isn't a Weekly Manga feature.


The one shot was good. The serialized series on the other hand...It's not bad, it's just that there's a lack of plot, and there's really nothing interesting about the series. Medaka herself isn't even an appealing character. She's just too out there. She's not missing any screws like Mr. Head Enforcer. In fact, she's probably got a few too many. Get your mind out of the gutter. The recent chapters elevated the series from a "meh" to a "whut?".  It may be because I've recently marathoned Bakuman, but I'm getting the feeling these recent chapters are an attempt to raise the rather low rankings. I can't see this series lasting for too much longer in WSJ.

Anyways, aside from all the negative aspects, I suppose a little positive feedback would be nice. While Medaka herself isn't too interesting, the student council treasurer makes up for Medaka's lackings, and possibly a tad bit more. Kikaijima Mogana a more appealing character in my opinion. She's a normal person. That's probably the biggest factor in my judgment. Plus, I think she looks better than Medaka does. Now that's not to say that Medaka looks bad. Her rather outrageous outlook on life bugs me bit.

Anywho, that's my two cents on the series. Might be doing more of these in the future.


You Might Also Like

1 comments