Kenn Cantabile

4:40 PM


Image by Isou Nagi

After blundering about, not knowing what to do with this insignificant life of mine, I've finally got it set in my head that I'll become a music student at a university. Btw, who got the reference?


My music teacher didn't take the idea of me rolling around on the floor and internet for a few months, not doing anything worthwhile with my short time here on the face of the Earth. And so, she contacted a friend of hers, a professor at a university, who then sent a recommendation letter on my behalf to the head of the music section at said university. And so, I began talks with the two individuals, the professor and the head honcho.

I asked them for their advice on what I should do (okay, so I asked one. Couldn't get a hold of the other), and I got most of my answers.

Hopefully my extensive background in music will help me get through the few years I spend.

Oh, and did I mention that I have to pass an audition to get in? The prof said it shan't be too difficult given my current standing in musical level. Just gotta make the right preparations, and get to know the right people, and if the stars are aligned with the planets, and the gods of luck and chance are on my side, I'll have a fighting chance of getting in.

My mom wasn't too keen on me becoming a music major though. It's like that with most Asian parents. She wasn't against it, but she wasn't too cool with it either.

The university I mention is Capilano University, in North Vancouver. If you want to stalk me, now you know where I may be going to school.

On another note, I'm working on my next KIC post, so stay tuned for that. I think I'm gonna do the Nico Nico singers for that one.

You Might Also Like

1 comments