A Day with Kenn 88

11:29 PM

Image by Grune

Thought I'd try something different for a change. Text heavy post because I forgot to bring my camera.



On Thursday I went and met up with Ivy and Billy to hang out for a postponed birthday-hanging-out outing-day-thing. I haven't seen Ivy since the summer, and Billy since high school.

I had but one class that day, and it happened to be a test day, so I wouldn't have any homework or heavy binders and textbooks to carry. Test went pretty well. I'm feeling really confident about that one. 



Image by Bi-Nyo


Anywho, the meeting time was at 4:30pm and my class ended at 1:50pm. I usually budget more time than it takes me to get to places because I'm one of those people who can't stand tardiness. Anywho, I allotted the time it would take if I missed the bus, boat and train (worst case scenario). I didn't miss any of them and ended up getting to Richmond Centre (rally point for you SC players) a whole hour and a bit early. Killed time running around the mall, and ended up buying Valkyria Chronicles from EB. 

Met up with the two at 4:30. Recognized Billy right away because of the way he dresses. It hasn't changed since our elementary school days. Ivy commented on my killer beard...or what I'll call a beard. IT'S MOVEMBER!! Though, I look really funny with a moustache, so I opted for the beard. Bawb said that it's technically no-shave month so THIS IS A-OK TOO. 

Kenn: Through and through otaku. Music student
Ivy: Mild Fujoshi / Otaku. Film student
Billy: Normal...ish. Engineering student

Billy has always been a rather socially awkward person, but I've never really hung out with him outside of school. I realized just how socially awkward he is. He more or less has no qualms about commenting on someone aloud when said person is nearby. It got to the point where I could see something interesting and tell him to shut up before he even said a word. He's an interesting person nevertheless. Fun in his own way, I suppose. The group was an interesting trio to say the least. 

Ivy's otaku-ness is similar to the otaku-ness I had a little while back...minus the fujoshi part.

Headed to a favourite shop of mine and Ivy's: Soul of Anime. That was a really fun time there. I let my otaku side run as free as a mustang on the open plains of North West America. Billy and Ivy would comment on figures and I could name every figure they pointed out, character, series and whatnots. Billy was quite flabbergasted, asking how much anime I watched. Don't tell him I'm a regular there. I need to ask Ivy where the other good anime shops in Richmond are. I only go to Sakura Media and SoA because they're convenient, but knowing detached shops would be good for me.

Ran around Richmond Center before going to Aberdeen, where we wandered aimlessly only to head back to RC for dinner...or at least what I'd like to call dinner. Billy had a seafood hotpot in soy milk. Ivy had salted chicken 'nuggets' with rice and something else. Me, being the only one illiterate in Chinese, had the chicken 'nuggets' thinking they'd be like McD's. Nope. Super salt. I got shit tonnes of protein...or maybe not, sodium and fat. At least I had the honey lemon green tea, which was really sweet, to cut the saltiness. 

After the meal we headed back to SoA. Why? It's a bit of a story.

 
FLASHBACK TIME

A few weeks ago I asked Billy's younger sister to go rocketing through the house in search of a present Billy bought in hopes of seeing if my gift would one-up his. She couldn't find one, so I was left to assume that an otaku giving a gift to a lesser level otaku would always end well. Anywho, his sister told him that I had asked, so he put off buying the gift until the day we met up so that he could see what I got. 

BACK TO THE PRESENT

So at SoA we told Ivy to go play somewhere else while he chose a present. That guy. A normal person should not shop for a present in an otaku oriented shop. He picked out random gifts, like a Ryuk (Death Note) pvc figure, a Queen's Blade figure (Leina...I wouldn't have minded that), amongst others. Not so sure as to how Ivy would've liked a $140 pvc figure of a scantily armoured female warrior. So I ended up choosing for him. Narrowed the choice down to two items and decided with a coin toss. Yes, a coin toss. I always have at least one coin on me for that. I call it 'leaving it to the fates'. 

ANYWHO, here's what we (I) got her.


Remember this photo from waaay back when? Yep, I got her present waaay back then. It was sitting in my closet for over a month. Wondering what's in it? If you didn't figure out last time, here's the answer:



Yes, now she has her very own Pandora Hearts art book to ogle at. I knew she would like it, especially because she's a Pandora Hearts fan (specifically a Break fan).

Ivy over Windows Live
AND THAT PRESENT IS AWESHUM O.O
I showed mom the book and she liked it : D
And I also got her Billy bought (my choice):

Image from zh3us

She's got her own BRS figma now too. Not sure what Billy might have bought if I didn't choose for him.

Anywho, still struggling with a cold, so I'll put some more stuff like this up in the future. Trying out putting stuff in little bits, regardless of whether I have photos or not. Hopefully it'll take off the needlessly large amounts of time it takes for me to do a months worth of blogging in a single day (the Weeks with Kenn have been more like Months than weeks recently).

You Might Also Like

0 comments