A Week with Kenn 89

10:58 PM

Image by Emyu

Holy cripes it's gotten nut-numbingly cold.

On another note, holy crap it's been a long time since I've done one of these with photos.


Blogger's being a real pain right now, and not letting me upload photos. Worked a way around it, but it's a bit of a pain.

 Made these ages ago, but never got around to putting them up on the blog. They'll put McDonald breakfast burritos to shame. Filled with scrambled eggs, crumbled meatloaf, loads of cheese and chili paste and topped off with green bell peppers. It was delicious. Just thinking about them is making my hungry.

It was pouring buckets early last week and earlier in the month. Much of my commute is off road (underground of on the water) so the weather didn't really hamper the time for the commute. It really sucked waiting for a bus in that kind of rain though. Doesn't help that I don't have an umbrella or rain jacket.
Picked these up last week from T&T at Metro. On the left is furikake, this particular one with sea weed and sesame seeds. It's a dry seasoning that you stick on top of rice when you don't have anything to eat the rice with. Or at least that's what I do. Probably not the healthiest of choices, but rice is delicious.

 A pan seared chicken sandwich from a time I can't remember. Sometime this month. Gave the chicken breast a quick frying in the pan and toasted up the bread in the same pan after. It's also got mayonnaise, mustard and tomatoes.

 French toast I made last Sunday. I made quite a bit, so it lasted me a lot longer than I thought it would. It's delicious with the tangy taste of ketchup, or the sweetness of syrup. Added a bit of sugar to the eggs so the toast is a bit sweet.


My brother had a shot at making Mapo tofu. It more or less ended up the same as mine, though my mom likes his better because it's not as salty...or spicy. I'll just consider mine more traditionally Chinese. 

Found this bugger in the front foyer. I think it's safe to assume that almost all spiders I find in the house will be the same species as this one. Most of the spider photos that I've taken have spiders that look more or less like this. This guy was particularly photogenic though. Stayed still even though I had the camera pretty close to it. It was hanging from threads against a wall though, so I couldn't whip around and get photos of the front of it.

 
My brother made tomato soup on Sunday. We ate it with turkey ham sandwiches. It's delicious. Soup has a tad bit of grated peccorino romano on top.

Rice with shredded pork, furikake and jellyfish (which was mainly thinly sliced carrot and daikon). This is what you eat when there's nothing around. You're getting about as many nutrients as you might if you ate lined paper, but it's tasty.


It snowed over the weekend. Started on Friday where it really came down. This is just the beginning too. Over the past few days I haven't seen my weather docklet go above 0. Waiting for the bus in -8C is about as fun as waiting for the bus in the pouring rain for me, so it hasn't really been a great start to the week. It should warm up by Thursday, though the rain comes back. I guess this is Mother Nature's way of preparing us for the onslaught of snow and cold weather we should be expecting when the La Niña winter kicks in...which is predicted to be in January or so.


Rocky's been staying indoors for most of the cold and rainy days. He hangs with me when I'm at the piano for the ungodly amounts of time I am and I'll give him treats every now and then for keeping me company. He's a messy eater. Had to clean up after he finished his treat because crumbs were everywhere.


I was a bit surprised that there wasn't more snow up at Capilano. What snow was left by the grounds crew could be found on plant life, like these trees. Gives a real Christmas-y feel, doesn't it? Throw a star on top of the one on the right and you have yourself a perfectly wonderful Christmas tree!

My cousin might have moved out, but he's left a couple things behind. A bunch of years back he was in the business of hat making, and this is one he made for himself. They're hand painted and were made to order. Don't think he's doing it anymore, but you have to admit that this one's real nice.

You Might Also Like

1 comments