Manga of the Week - 魔法使いと弟子の不適切なカンケイ

7:28 PM

Image from Dengeki.com

Woops. Totally forgot about this. Started it, but forgot to finish and put it up. Blame Ys Seven...and my homework.

That image is currently fighting against Ika Musume for the title of desktop wallpaper. 


Title: 魔法使いと弟子の不適切なカンケイ, Loose Relation Between Wizard and Apprentice
Author: Konya Yukio
Genre: Shounen, Action, Fantasy, Romance, Romance, Supernatural
Serialized in: ASCII Media Works Dengeki Daioh
Total Volume Count: 3 (ongoing)

Summary from MangaUpdates:
Hard working, level 1 magician Konoha is apprenticed to lazy Knight Protector Saionji Ikumaru. They both work to keep the etherworld sealed away from their own but sometimes the seal doesn't work. Dragons, demons, and now Ishtar, the goddess of Venus. Will Ishtar help Konoha win her master's affections? Or will she take him for herself?
Kenn's Comment: What I like about this series is that none of the characters play on the extremes of their archetype. Especially with this magician thing going on, I can't help but sigh in slight frustration when I think of the anime adaptation of Zero no Tsukaima. Anywho, it's more or less your typical magician manga...minus the harem. I'll say it straight out, here and now; this isn't a harem manga (I'm looking at you Negima). If memory serves me correct, than I can tell you that the romance is between the main two characters (who make up the title fyi). Haven't read it in a while, and I'm feeling a bit lazy so I'm not particularly keen on refreshing my memory of the series as of right now.

Anywho, that said and done, it's a good read, so try this one out when you find the time for it.

You Might Also Like

0 comments