Song of the Week - Liquor Store Blues

7:02 AM

Image from Analog Giant

That ain't Bruno Mars. That's Dumbfoundead. Jump the jump because there's



Title: Liquor Store Blues
Artist: Bruno Mars ft. Damian Marley
Cover by: Dumbfoundead & Victor Kim
Genre (cover):  Acoustic, Hip Hop
Single: N/A
Album: N/A
Vintage: 10/10/10

Kenn's Comment: I like this better than the original, which you can check out here. It's got it's own charms points which make it a good song in it's own right, but I like Dumbfoundead's cover better. Victor's singing can't compare to that of Bruno Mars, but Dumbfoundead's vocals were a bit more suited to this compared to Damian Marley. His accent just made it too...Caribbean.He's a great artist and all, but they just don't seem to fit the song too well. Anywho, you've got the cover by DFD. You've got the original with Bruno Mars and Marley. Peace!


Kidding. Just like to let y'all know that I have quite as much time as I used to. When I'm not at the piano, or furiously scribbling down notes for composition, I find myself either practicing for choir, sight singing and ear training, or reading ahead and studying for theory. Okay, so some of that is a bit of a lie, but there probably won't be a Week/Day with Kenn this month. Haven't really done anything in a while. I'll try and do some posts outside of these weekly features though. 

On the other hand, I'm still working hard on keeping that one photo a day thing going. If you haven't seen it yet, it's at the bottom of the Comrades section! Or just click here.

You Might Also Like

0 comments