毎週の漫画 - JIN

2:39 PM

Image from here

Do you like medical dramas like House or Grey's Anatomy? How about Asian period dramas? If you answered yes to either, or both, then you'll love this one (especially if you said both).

Title: JIN―仁―, JIN
Author: Murakami Motoka
Genre: Seinen, Drama, Historical, Romance, Slice of Life, Supernatural
Serialized in: Shueisha Super Jump
Total Volume Count: 20

Series Summary from MangaUpdates:
As a result of a strange encounter with a mysterious carcinogenic fetus he found inside a patient’s skull, brain surgeon MINAKATA Jin has slipped back through time. Equipped with modern medical knowledge, he faces various fatal diseases and injuries. Then, he meets the ordinary people of Edo as well as illustrious figures, and his surgical knife carves out a new history and story of life.

Kenn's Comment: I'm pretty sure that this manga is award nominated work, but I can't seem to find any information on that. What I can tell you is that it was adapted into an multi-award winning TV Drama (and it's sequel) on Japanese TV, as well a Korean drama (story changed to fit Korea) going by Dr. Jin.
Anywho, the manga is superb. I'm not a huge fan of medical dramas (primarily because everyone's sleeping with everyone else's toasters) or dramas in general, but there's something about JIN that does it for me. The emotions feel real; Jin's vast medical knowledge; the Edo period setting. These factors add up into a genuinely gripping story.

I haven't watched the dramas, and I'm not super far into the manga, but from the bit I've read, I can guarantee that this one will be a great read. A fair warning, but being a medical drama, some parts of it can be rather graphic.


You Might Also Like

0 comments