Fall 2012 Anime Previews - となりの怪物くん

11:34 PM

Image by pongh

First of a loooong list that I'll hopefully manage to get through. 
 
 
Title:  となりの怪物くん, Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, The Monster Next to Me
Animation Production: Brains Base
Genre: Shoujo, Comedy, Drama, Romance
Airs: 10/01 25:35 TV TOKYO
Website: http://www.tk-anime.info/

Series Summary from MangaUpdates:
Mizutani Shizuku is the type of person who only cares for her own grades. But when she accidentally delivers the lesson notes to Yoshida Haru, Haru becomes convinced they are friends.

Haru turns out to have a very innocent personality, but who would've thought that Haru would actually confess to Shizuku?
Kenn's Comment: You might remember this title from a while back when I featured it in a Manga of the Week. Just another one of the series I've put up that ends up becoming an anime! I've got a knack for finding them!

Anywho, this is one of a few Shoujo series this fall, so fans of the genre rejoice! Of the three, I'm quite fond of this one, as well as 神様はじめました. Never actually heard of the other one, but I'll get to that one eventually.

The manga is really good. The characters are quirky, and the story isn't bogged down by the common problems that plague rom-coms - constant denial, absolute density (though I'm guilty of that irl), and perhaps too much comedy. This one's a rom-com with emphasis on the rom. Comedy doesn't take away from what makes the series good. And with Brains Base at the helm, I'm certain this one will be great.

And that PV is awesome.

PV:
 

You Might Also Like

0 comments