毎週の漫画 - たいようのいえ

11:47 PM

Image from here

Sorry it's late. Skyrim and was cooking all day. 

Title: たいようのいえ, Taiyou no Ie, House of the Sun
Author: TAAMO
Genre: Shoujo, Romance, Slice of Life
Serialized in: Kodansha  Dessert
Total Volume Count: 4 (ongoing)

Series Summary by Mixini:
“Back in the day, that place was a house filled with magic—a place where you ended up smiling even if you were crying. Surely, an invisible wizard must have lived there. Or so I thought.”

What’s a young child to do when her mother leaves her father for another man? Or when her father remarries a woman who brings along a child from a previous marriage? Or when her childhood neighbor friend invites her to live with him?
Kenn's Comment: This is a wonderful and beautiful series. Everything about it really just feels very natural. I've even seen it described as 'god-tier' (super good). The pacing is perfect and there's no jarring plot twists or heavy drama to weigh it down. The characters are well developed; the main two especially, as neither of them are flat characters. I'd say it's something like My Girl (Sahara Mizu) crossed with a good shoujo romance. I can't think of a good shoujo romance off the top of my head, so I'll leave that up to your discretion.

Great art, great story, great characters. What's not to love about this series?

You Might Also Like

0 comments