毎週の歌 - GALLOWS BELL

9:14 PM


Long-time readers may recognize this song from many moons ago.





Title: GALLOWS BEL
Artist: buzzG ft. Nano
PV: ke-sanβ
Genre: Cover, Pop-Rock
Single: N/A
Album: N/A

Kenn's Comment: I know, I know. This is a vocaloid 歌い手 cover (normally tagged as 歌ってみた I believe). The song itself has been featured on my blog way back in July..many, many years ago. Find it here.

There are probably lots of covers of this one out there, but this one stands out above the rest. I'm not giving it special treatment because Nano's English is impeccably perfect, but rather because it's done so very, very well. Her singing and voice are wonderful; her fairly low and controlled voice really make her a joy to listen to. The English lyrics (made by Nano herself) really flow well, something I feel that needs to be looked at a little bit more than creating an overly accurate translation. I guess that's one of the perks to being fluent in both English and Japanese, knowledge of both means you can make the best translation and not have to rely on someone else's.

For more of Nano's covers, you can head on over to her YouTube channel, here. Most of the covers are in English, though she has a few in Japanese. Most of those are duets (the PONPONPON cover with VIN is awesome). There's also one I've been stuck on for a while now, where she's with Neko in a punky duet, linked here. Quite fond of it, and Neko's (who's English is pretty darn good too) punky rocky voice really works in this one. It's easier to hear with headphones. Be sure to turn down your volume before you plug yourself in. I'm starting to go off topic. Kenn over and out.

You Might Also Like

0 comments