A Week with Kenn 85

12:11 AM

Image by Kyuu Umi

A lovely Kanako at a full grand. I really wouldn't mind a full grand. Not at all. The problem would be where to put it.




For those who are keen eyed, you might have noticed that the Comrades section has grown yet again. Okay, so maybe not again, but it's grown. Anywho, if I did this right, clicking on the image should take you to his photo blog, but if it doesn't, click here to be warped to his blog at warp speed (it depends on your connection speed actually). He's a buddy of mine from high school (god I love saying that. It makes me feel so wonderfully aged.), as well as a rather skillful amateur photographer whose skills I currently envy. Anywho, visit his blog whenever you find the time. If you're reading this post, you definitely have the time.


Anywho, back on topic. Let's kick this post off with an egg tart. Yes, an egg tart. Tasty little buggers, these things. This is from a little over a week ago.This was probably a part of my 'balanced' breakfast.

Indeed it was. The wrapped thing on the right is filled with browned ground pork, ketchup, sri racha (fun stuff) and loads of cheese. Can't go wrong with that combination...though it did, and I ended up with a gnarly stomach ache for the rest of the day.

Nom nom nom. Picked up Subway from Waterfront Station on my way back. Also got a free cookie. :3 Wash it all down with a nice bottle o' Barq's and the world's a happy place.

Mm. I actually forget what went in this. Some sort of ground pork...ketchup and sri racha...and yeah. I don't remember. Pretty darn tasty though.

Looks a tad bit unappetizing, but it tastes better than it looks. Well, that's actually subjective, but it's my opinion that matters, so can it. Anywho, I haven't the foggiest on what you'd call this, so let's just call it Red Bean Sticky Rice wrapped in a Banana leaf. 

Now this was funky. Sesame...paste I suppose layered and molded into a shape reminiscent of a slice of cake, with a sprinkle of sesame seeds on top. It's really stick, has that odd sesame paste / desert taste and takes a bit of getting used to if you've never had it before.

These spiders have really been bugging me as of late. In this week alone I've relocated two and accidentally killed one, all around the same size as the one pictured. That's a record, so I'm starting to suspect that there might be a nest hiding somewhere or something...

My dad made the sandwich. Even to this day (it's been about a week since he made the sandwich), I don't know what the heck went into it. He took some meat that my mom had cooked and chopped it down and mixed with all sorts of stuff, and stuck it between two slices of bread. Not that tasty alone, but with a generous dollop of ketchup and sri racha (which makes everything better), the sandwich was quite tasty.

I've been back at school for about...a week now, and I've been a good deal busier than I was in the summer. My Week with Kenn posts will probably slow down a good deal, but they'll get pushed out...eventually.

Anywho, this is my new binder. This design makes it so much easier. Sure it's a little bit fatter, but this one won't break that easily, or add a weird bend to all your pages because the rings are situated in the center of the binder. 

Lunch (at about 3pm) on Thursday. Home made phở! No rare beef, but I've got the bo vien (meat balls), and some strips of beef tenderloin floating around in there somewhere. As always, it's tasty to one of the highest degrees. :3 Ate while watching the latest episode of Occult Gakuin. 




It's around that time of year where all the Asian cultures that celebrate the Lunar festival chow down on these intricately molded pastries of occasional deliciousness. The top three images correlate with the bottom left images, while the bottom right is stand alone. 

Bottom left is a 'Durian Snowy Mooncake', i.e. a frozen desert-like moon cake made of durian. It's super tasty, and is also really pretty. Bottom right is just your regular moon cake filled with a combination of egg yolk, nuts and all that other fun stuff that you find. My dad said the number on it is for the bakery to keep track of which one's are ready and stuff like that.

'Twas my cousin's birthday recently, and we all had cake. The end. 

This is a piece of the cake. We always have lots of left over pieces whenever we get a birthday cake, so we wrap 'em up and stash them in the freezer for devour on a later date. 
Yesterday's late night snack. Two cha siu bao. My habit of sploshing a dollop of sri racha on everything applies to these too. I take a bite out of it and squeeze some of the red sauce into the cavity. Super tasty.

Back on to the topic of school, this is our play list for choir. Going from left to right:

Noëls Anciens - Quelle est cette odeur agréable? (arr. D. Patriquin)
Sistah Mary (arr. R. Dilworth)
Hodie, Christus natus est (H. Willan)
O brillante estrella - (M. Sirett)
Himig Pasko (arr. G. Hernandez)
Mass in G Minor (R. Vaughan Williams)
 Picked these up today from the music store. I have to choose my third piece for piano, so I've been doing lots of research into what piece I want to play. For those who can't read the titles:

Brahms Klavierstücke op. 118 (Wiener Urtext)
Liszt - The Procession by Night, Mephisto Waltz No. 1 (Urtext Edition Peters)
Chopin Ballades (Urtext)
Chopin Nocturnes (Urtext)
As you can see, they're all Urtext editions. They're pretty pricey but these are kind of like the ferrari's of music editions.

 Image by Kurojishi

Recently started playing Phantasy Star Portable 2 on the PSP. Imported my character from the first game and discovered that you receive a fairly powerful saber (very strong at the beginning of the game) for importing save data. My character is a female CAST ranger named KOS-MOS. Tried my best to make my character look as much as the character she's named after, but there's only so much you can customize. 

Been grinding them levels and after about a day or two I'm at level 26ish. I usually run and gun with twin hand guns, racking up a combo count before blowing enemies to kingdom come via a level two charge shot.

You Might Also Like

3 comments