Fall '10 Anime Previews - 侵略!イカ娘

7:32 PM

Image by Idu Michito

You can't say no to this delicious moe-blob of tentacle moe-ness.



Title: 侵略!イカ娘, Shinryaku! Ika Musume, Invasion! Squid Girl (though I reaaaalllly dislike that)
Genre: Comedy
Animation Studio: Diomedea
Airs: 10/04 26:00

Summary from Hidoi~! Translators:
The sea in our world has been polluted. All sort of trash were thrown into the sea, making it unpleasant deep under the sea. One of the inhabitant of the sea, Ika Musume (Squid Girl) seeks to exact revenge on humanity for throwing trash into the sea. Clueless about the surface, she seeks to invade humanity alone, trying to rule over the world, only to find herself slaving away at one of the nearest beach-houses for breaking a side of its wall.
Kenn's Comment: Yeah, Squid Girl just sounds bad, evoking images of a feminine Cthulhu in my mind. So I'll call it Shinryaku! Ika Musume. Why? It sounds better, and I can.

Anywho, as a fan of the manga, I'm super looking forward to this one. Judging by the late night airing time, it's primary target market is the otaku population...which doesn't exactly put my mind at ease. Gives me the feeling that they'll flood the series with more fan service than it really needs. I'm hoping that's not the case at least.

Diomedea doesn't have too much under their belts, but if it helps any bit, their latest endeavor was Polyphonica's second season. Diomedea is Studio Barcelona's successor in a way, and Barcelona's got a bit more tucked under their belt than Diomedea, with Kodomo no Jikan, Nanatsuiro Drops and Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu's first season.

PV:
Sorry. This is the only one I can find. = =" Doesn't even seem to be one up on the website. Turn down your speakers when watching.

You Might Also Like

0 comments