Episode 13: Launch!!

5:52 PM


Image by Radatorm

July 16th:

Aights, so today we went to NASA today. The Space Center was smaller than I thought it would be. Long ride there. Was a George Lucas exhibit there. Star Wars, Indiana Jones and other works of his.

Got a picture with a pair of Storm Troopers. Very happy. Jason didn't. Bet he was upset. The picture was with my mom though, so I couldn't do anything cool. Sad face.

Took a crapload of photos. Lost the adults a bunch of times. My groupwas Stacy, and my brother. Eventually found them and headed for a space themed laun..lunch. The shop names were all puns. Moon Wo? Hmmmmm...

Went on a 1 hour tour of NASA where we got a look inside the training facility for the astroanuts and the various vehicles and devices they used. The security was insane getting on the tram.

It was hot, but the tram picked up lots of wind, so I guess 'twas okay.

Last stop was the Saturn V Rocket. We had to wait for a tram to take us back. It was a loooong wait. And when it came, our uncle and the rest of the group getss off. Hmmmm..

Waited a while for another tram to come. Got on one and headed for the car.

I'd say that the ride back was the same as the way there, but it wasn't. The passenger window exploded while I was half asleep. Scaed everyone, especially my dad, who was shotgun. Glass went everywhere. Jason got cut, and I had to pick glass out of my mom's hand. The younguns speculated what happened; my brother used a termal difference shock theory, and my dad and uncle think that it was a stray BB gun pellet from the apartment nearby.

At home nothing really happened. Chilled with the family in a house with no AC.

You Might Also Like

0 comments