School Excursion!

5:19 PM



I've decided that I'd use this blog as an everyday life thing, rather than my previously decided "anime-otaku related" type of blog. It's too much work to think up of otaku stuff and to attempt to blog anime when I never have time.

Anyways, getting back on topic, I went on a field trip down to the B.C. Supreme Courts to watch a couple cases go, talk with a laywer (or Barrister if you want) and a judge from the Courts of Appeal (which is the highest level of court). We were also filmed during the Judge's session, so if you want a kick at the can in figuring out what I really look like, you can check that out sometime next year on the Knowledge Network, for those of you in Canada. Anyways, the court viewings weren't all that interesting, mainly because I didn't know the details of the case, and went in only looking at the charges being decided. I went to check out a hearing for Murder 1st Degree, Murder 2nd Degree, Kidnapping, and Conspiracy to Traffic. All pretty serious crimes ya know. I only went to the Murder 2nd degree and the kidnapping one though, because the rest were either off on break, or closed by the time I got there. Nothing really interesting about the talk with the lawyer, but teaching a teacher words that people use these days is pretty damn entertaining. A guy in my class said that "a case was deadly". Most people wouldn't use such slang to a teacher, especially a teacher employed in the Courts. I guess not everyone holds the same values as me, but the slang these days gets pretty outrageous. "I raped him" was one of the phrases used. What's most amusing is that we were at a court, where charges of rape, or what's now considered as "sexual assault", would be given out to well deserving convicts. No one brought up anything ridiculous during the Judge's session, as camera's were rolling, and heck, she's referred to as "Madam Justice". You don't want to mess with that.

After the session at the courts, we were free to go off on our own. I went with two friends, or more accurately, two people I got along with well during the field trip, to eat. We ended up walking in circles deciding where to go. I have to say, I don't get out to cool places enough. Downtown Vancouver's an interesting place if you have the money to do shopping down there, or up there in my case. My two acquaintances were quite familiar with the setting, unlike me, who was carefully memorizing landmarks and shops, plotting out my return path. Anyways, we ended up eating a rather nice restaurant, nothing really fancy, but much nicer than your average fast food restaurant at the corner of the street. It was pretty good, and very filling. In fact, I can still taste the olives and cherry tomatoes from my Mediterranean Linguini. Anyways, the bus ride back home was less than entertaining. I know that if I hop on the bus I did, I wouldn't have to worry about what stop I get off at, since I get off at the terminating stop. So I ended up sleeping the whole way back. Anyways, that's it for today. I guess I'll start doing this daily. Make it more entertaining perhaps.

Btw, photo from flickr

You Might Also Like

0 comments